Find your favorite Mom on Facebook… Enjoy my witty humor and awesome pictures all day long by following me on facebook ;D
So a couple of months ago I posted about how we were planting our (first) garden and I just wanted to follow up and let you all know (is anyone really even out there?) we did gain some viddes from our harvest (before the insurmountable amount of weeks took it over, but lets just be positive here- we were having lawn mower issues for most of the summer).
So with that being said I just wanted to post the few things I was able to learn about gardening this year.
1. Plant your corn in a straight row.
2. After we tilled up the first part of our garden we realized that if we space out the rows and left enough grass between them it might make it easier to walk along and pick without being eaten alive by chiggers & mosquito’s, since we could mow between the rows but then the mower went to whichever place mowers go to when they die.
3, Radishes, Cucumbers and Summer Squash can and will survive anything including neglect. Such forgiving vegetables!
4. Spinach is not so forgiving.
Were really looking forward to next year and have lots of plans for how we will “map out” our next garden. We hope to do both a Spring and late Summer harvest. Now if only our pumpkins would grow!
I have this adorable way of misunderstanding lyrics to songs and singing them very confidently (unbeknownst to me that I have the entire song slaughtered). Seriously, I have several.
1. Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado – During the chorus I sang “Mister Whiskas” for a solid 2 months before my husband noticed what I was saying. I guess with that being said I can now confirm he doesn’t listen to much of what I say .
2. Cyclone by Baby Bash – Heck maybe a year. An entire freaking year.. I sang it up like this “She moves her body like a psyyyycho, make ya wanna do it all night long”.. you get the picture.
3. As for the most recent death to lyrics Lady Gaga takes the prize. *Clears throat*
” I do it for the CLAWS, THE CLAWS, THE CLAWS” until I finally asked husband
“She does what for the CLAWS!?” – I’m sure you all know what happened next.
I wasn’t so sure about this song until tonight after seeing my husband dance around to it for days (making me laugh) I guess I like it.
Decorating Solutions for the Dollar Challenged
I have issues. So do you.
The Webner Family's Blog
life of a globetrotting family of 5 in the US foreign service
Poetry to Heal the Heart
Ultimate Christian living is risky business, and only the Adventurous find it.
Named by Google as one of the sites on the internet
Some of these thoughts may make sense. But don't count on it.
The new start, a new road, where our story begins.
Queer mama co-parenting by love, step, adoption and the skin of my teeth
one dad's thoughts on parenting in these crazy modern times...
Just another middle-aged guy raising a family ... except I gave birth to mine
Simple life on a little piece of land.
The on-going adventures of two dads with two kids making their way through the world!!
I choose to collect memories instead of things