September 19, 2013
So I got an email with a question from someone who has read this blog. This was exciting to me because I can’t believe people are actually reading this! But any way, here’s the Q.
What do I really need to start cloth diapering?
That’s a good one! I have friends who have invested hundreds, maybe thousands into their cloth dipe stash’s only to find themselves disappointed by over half of their purchases. :/ – What a bummer that must be! So what do you really need? If you are like me and want the easiest cloth diapering experience you can possibly have I suggest the following.
- A washer [this is the most important because it's how are you going to get the shit out of these things]
- A dryer or a clothes line [I do use both. Sometimes I dry in the dryer on low, sometimes I put them out on the line]
- DIAPER LINERS! [Just skip the diaper sprayer and shoot for the disposable diaper liners - you can go outside, shake the liner into the trash and be done, the less baby poop my hands come in contact with THE BETTER]
- A place to put the dirties. [I'm pretty sure my most favorite UPS delivery man despises me since I have my really smelly diaper pail sitting outside the door. I just use a small trash can and TBH I don't even have a lid on it. I wash every night so it really isn't as terrible as your thinking]
I’ve tried several different types of diapers. I haven’t had to spend much because I have been on the receiving end of several friends who were purging “these don’t work for us” dipes. I’ve tried fitteds, hybrids, prefolds, pockets and AIO’s. My tried and most reliable are the AIO’s and pockets. Most of my stash consist of FuzziBunz and BumGenius I really have no complaints about either brand. I do have several off brand’s as well and I think they’re alright too!
So to summarize all that, I want to say keep it simple! Don’t over complicate it because that always results in over spending. Cloth diapering is supposed to save you money anyway. As far as washing our diapers I use the same things I use on the rest of my laundry and that doesn’t involve any particular brand loyalty.
September 16, 2013
Where’s the first place you go when planning a party or redecorating your house?
For me, it’s Pinterest! I go to Pinterest for everything… How to get wine out of my couch? Thanks, Pinterest! How to make my own laundry detergent? Pinterest! How to make my house smell like Grandma’s on laundry day (a legit look up)? Pinterest! What kind of party sides for my kids birthday party? Pinterest!
You get the point, I’m sure.
But why? I mean, Pinterest absolutely makes me feel like a failure! Besides the laundry detergent – which I ended up dumping out because it left white flakes on my clothes I can’t think of much else I’ve even actually done aside from the printable worksheets I use with Aspen for school.
Pinterest intimidates me. On Facebook I often see pictures of adorable porch settings, ruffly bathroom shower curtains, kids clothes, party favors and of course the endless food porn! All with the hashtag *thanks pintrest. I mean for real, GAG ME! If I pinned real things that I’ve got going on someone would probably pin me to a “Failing Moms on Pinterest” site similar to “People of Walmart” – PS: whoever created that is a complete asshole.
Is Pinterest just another way for Moms to compete. A way to pretend we all have it going on? Another place to only put our best pretend face on? In my opinion, yes!
So as for me… I’m going to lay off the Pinterest inspiration. Because, all I seem to get over here is discouragement.
September 15, 2013
Find your favorite Mom on Facebook… Enjoy my witty humor and awesome pictures all day long by following me on facebook ;D
September 15, 2013
So a couple of months ago I posted about how we were planting our (first) garden and I just wanted to follow up and let you all know (is anyone really even out there?) we did gain some viddes from our harvest (before the insurmountable amount of weeks took it over, but lets just be positive here- we were having lawn mower issues for most of the summer).
So with that being said I just wanted to post the few things I was able to learn about gardening this year.
1. Plant your corn in a straight row.
2. After we tilled up the first part of our garden we realized that if we space out the rows and left enough grass between them it might make it easier to walk along and pick without being eaten alive by chiggers & mosquito’s, since we could mow between the rows but then the mower went to whichever place mowers go to when they die.
3, Radishes, Cucumbers and Summer Squash can and will survive anything including neglect. Such forgiving vegetables!
4. Spinach is not so forgiving.
Were really looking forward to next year and have lots of plans for how we will “map out” our next garden. We hope to do both a Spring and late Summer harvest. Now if only our pumpkins would grow!
September 15, 2013
I have this adorable way of misunderstanding lyrics to songs and singing them very confidently (unbeknownst to me that I have the entire song slaughtered). Seriously, I have several.
1. Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado – During the chorus I sang “Mister Whiskas” for a solid 2 months before my husband noticed what I was saying. I guess with that being said I can now confirm he doesn’t listen to much of what I say .
2. Cyclone by Baby Bash – Heck maybe a year. An entire freaking year.. I sang it up like this “She moves her body like a psyyyycho, make ya wanna do it all night long”.. you get the picture.
3. As for the most recent death to lyrics Lady Gaga takes the prize. *Clears throat*
” I do it for the CLAWS, THE CLAWS, THE CLAWS” until I finally asked husband
“She does what for the CLAWS!?” – I’m sure you all know what happened next.
I wasn’t so sure about this song until tonight after seeing my husband dance around to it for days (making me laugh) I guess I like it.
September 14, 2013
Gman celebrated his one year birth anniversary last week. I found this picture to be hysterical. You see, this cake was very important to me because I thought it was the most adorable. However, Greyson evidently thought it looked like a pile of shit!